SPECIAL MIKROTEK PCD
Or ‘SMP’ DIES
What changes have been made to the historical die?
- The right choice of PCD blank is made based on the combination of material drawn, wire surface finish required, heat generated during drawing, and the speed of drawing.
- We use our proprietary ‘Solid Rock Technology’ to mount the PCD blanks into the casing.
- The die profile is customized to give continuous benefits to our customers.
Why SMP Dies?
- Our ‘Solid Rock Technology’ ensures high thermal conductivity and thermal stability, giving long life and a good wire surface for several miles of drawing.
- Extended die life from every resize.
- In most cases, there are more recuts beyond the recommended size of PCD manufacturers.
- Cost-effective as self-supported SMP dies can substitute expensive TCS PCD dies.
Generally, self-supported and fine-grain PCD blanks are used in most applications.
- Retention of roundness for a long time.
- Less downtime of drawing machine.
- Suitable for both wet and dry drawing.
- A profitable substitute for TC dies used in making carbon steel wires.
- Can be comfortably used for many miles of wire drawing even under no repolishing conditions.
We maintain a robust stock of raw materials to ensure quick deliveries.